Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Another Hot-Momma-To-Be

I'm not sure what was going on, oh say, 8 months ago, 9 months ago, 10 months ago, ahem....But there's been an explosion of maternity clients and precious newborns lately.

I know I've mentioned it before on here, but newborns are one of my faves to take pictures of. On a maternity shoot recently(not this one) we were talking about the newborn pictures and I mentioned that I couldn't wait until their baby was born because newborns are my favorites. I said, "Well, newborns and seniors." The husband (who shall remain nameless, but you know who you are! Wink, Wink) started to laugh. So, I tried to explain that I just love the newborn stage and that seniors for the most part just want to look good and are so cooperative. He started to look confused and said "Really? They just want to look good?" and something along the lines of "Do you really get that many seniors that want to come and take pictures?"
At about the same time his wife and I realized that in his mind he was thinking the geriatric type of senior and we all busted out laughing.

Ok, and now that I've embarrassed him I'll embarrass myself. We went out to eat with some friends of ours a couple of weeks ago and during the conversation she asked "Have you ever seen my cousin Vinny?" and I responded with "Lisa, when would I have had the chance to meet your cousin Vinny? I've barely met your mom and dad." By this time the entire table is laughing and I stupidly said "There's a movie named that, isn't there?" Ummmm yeah, and that's what she was referring to. So for those of you who are familiar with the Blue Collar Comedy Tour: Here's your sign!







No comments: