Sunday, July 5, 2009

So Sweet

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. I enjoyed having a few days off and now I need to play catch up! Mackenzie is taking a sewing class that a friend of hers talked her into and she is already teaching me things:) My mom always sewed but I never had any interest. A friend of my sister-in-law gave me a sewing machine to use for scrapbooking (back when I had time for that, ha) and it mainly sits without use. I'll take it out about once a year, get a quick lesson from my mother-in-law on threading it and then make some curtains. And believe me, I need a lesson every.single.time because I go so long in between using it! I'm sure I'm not doing the curtains totally correctly but they look good. Instead of patterns I'm kind of a wing it and figure it out kind of girl. Well, right now I'm in the process of re-doing our study into more of a studio that will be good for doing pictures of newborns or 1 or 2 children at a time(it's not too big). I bought some fabric from here and I've been looking at it for a week. Well, yesterday the girls decided they wanted to sew so we spent hours cutting the curtain fabric, making pillows, and they made their American Girl dolls some clothes. My mom will NEVER believe it! But it was fun and I'm closer to being done. If anyone is in this area the store that I mentioned is AMAZING and I'll also share soon how I make a cheap curtain rod.

I've really been enjoying the newborns. They are just so sweet! This little guy was very alert and super strong. Sorry for the wait on the sneak peek...I hope you enjoy these:)






























No comments: